Monday, October 10, 2011

Catching Up

So I guess it is never too late to post, right? I haven't had a working camera and all of our recent pictures are on my hubby's phone, so I was using that as an excuse of why I wasn't posting. I seriously cannot believe that it has been almost an entire year since I last posted. Slow down time! We have had a great year with lots of changes, growth, dirt, and hard work. So we moved into our new home in September and have been attempting to get settled ever since ;) Kedrick got a new job hired by the Church doing graphic and interaction design and is thoroughly enjoying his job, and I am thoroughly enjoying steady income. We have been working our tails off putting in our yard and we finally have grass....just in time for it to be covered by snow. It has been a LOOONNNNGGG dirty summer and for sure there were times that I felt that I would lose my mind, but I didn't, we made it and we all survived and had some fun too. I never even posted that I was expecting again and then I wasn't anymore, I miscarried at 17 weeks. It has been a challenge and growing experience for me and I have learned so much thru it. I have learned a lot about loss, grieving, how to 'mourn with those that mourn' and I have learned how many incredible people there are in my life.
We are settling into a great school routine. K is in 1st grade and has a wonderful teacher. It is so amazing how quickly they learn and catch on to reading. It is very fun, as a parent, to witness! She is so cute and so happy in school. B is in a Chinese Immersion program, and is loving Kindergarten so much! I feel like there is a new sparkle in her eye. Her having such a routine is the best thing that has ever happened to her, the girl is thriving. C is so busy and such a BOY. Good thing he so dang cute or I might not be ok with his destructive abilities. He is a good kid, he just sometimes forgets. E is hilarious and has such a sense of humor. He was literally winking at Kedrick today at the dinner table. He kept doing it too, we weren't sure he knew what he was doing but we were laughing so hard.
Well I will try to get a new camera and maybe I will be more inclined to blog again. Good night

3 comments:

Emily said...

Kori - it was fun to see an update from your guys' blog! Glad to hear things are looking up although I was sad to hear about your miscarriage, I didn't realize. Hope you are doing okay and that you guys really are loving your new home!

MiShelle said...

Great to get to catch up with you! Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. You're such a strong girl though and I can only imagine how amazing you were. I'll need your new address for Christmas cards. How exciting to have a yard..we too have had a dirty grassless summer and are STILL trying to hurry before the snow so I'm jealous! Love you! More pics please:) I need to see those darling kiddos

tjnicky said...

I was so excited to see that you posted!!! So glad that your kids are doing so well, that's awesome to be in a Chinese program, pretty neat!! Hopefully we'll get to see you over the Holidays! YOu'll have to make sure and take a picture of your grass before it is all covered with snow!